If you want to reach your ideal weight, it’s important to develop an exercise regimen. And if you want to keep the weight off, you’ve got to stick to it. Dedicating just 30 minutes per day 5 days per week will make a world of difference.
- A well-rounded exercise program is important.
- Aerobic/Cardiovascular exercises will burn fat and help you strengthen your heart and lungs.
- Strength training will add muscle tone and help minimize loose skin.
- Don’t try to overdo it—start off light and gradually add more difficulty.
- Low impact exercises like swimming, biking, elliptical machines, and aerobics classes put less stress on your joints.
- Adding variety to your workouts will keep things interesting.
- Setting goals for yourself and tracking your progress will keep you motivated.
- A little tiredness and soreness is a good thing—that means it’s working!
Exercise Groups, Classes & Personal Training
Trying to keep yourself motivated isn’t always easy—but it’s a lot easier if you’ve got help. You’ll probably start off with an at-home program to acclimate to your new fitness lifestyle. Another option is signing up for classes, becoming part of an exercise group or team, or working with a personal trainer can give you structure, and keep you going on days when you’d really rather just skip your workout.
Other Benefits of Exercise
Exercising regularly doesn’t just improve your physical health and fitness—it improves your mental state and relieves stress, too.
As you watch the pounds melt off, you’ll find yourself becoming more inspired and more confident!